- Do You Have to Be Inside of Your Car in Order to Be Charged with a DUI?
- Your Constitutional Right: The Police Stop Must Be Based on Reasonable and Articulable Suspicion
- Your Miranda Rights
- How long will my license be Suspended?
- DUI Costs and Jail Sentence in Utah
- All About Breath Tests and Why They are Inaccurate
- What Events Will Transpire After You Have Been Arrested for DUI?
- What Could the Monetary Cost of a DUI Total?
- What Are Utah’s Penalties for a First-Offense DUI?
- Utah’s Law on Levels of Drug Metabolites that Result in a Charge of DUI
- Review of the DUI Laws in the State of Utah
DUI General Info
- Does Utah Offer Alternatives Such as Hardship Licenses?
- What Legal Basis Do the Police Have in Order to Conduct a Roadside Police Stop?
- A Defensive Strategy for Your DUI Charge: Suppressing the State’s Evidence
- When Arrested For DUI, What Other Charges Can You Expect To Face?
- What Happens To You And Your Vehicle Following A DUI Arrest?
- What Important Information Do The Police Give You At The Time Of Arrest?
- Why Are People Often Confused When Charged With DUI In Utah?
- Penalties for Probation Violations
- Is It Difficult to Be Supervised by a Probation Officer?
- Is It Possible to Have Your Probation Terminated Early?
- Will You Have to Install an Ignition Interlock Device While on Probation?
- Can You Maintain Employment While on Probation?
- If You Have a Probation Violation or Criminal Charge, What Should Be your First Step?
Field Sobriety Tests
- An Overview of Field Sobriety Testing
- DUI Arrest Process After Failing the Field Sobriety Tests
- Non-DUI Reasons for Failing Field Sobriety Tests
- Consenting to Field Sobriety Tests
- Notable Field Sobriety Test Cases
- Use of Video Recording during Field Sobriety Testing
- What Are Some Common Misconceptions About Field Sobriety Tests?
Types Of Field Sobriety Tests
What To Do After Getting Arrested
- What Is Important To Remember When Arrested And Charged For A DUI?
- Should Someone Refrain From Discussion Of Their DUI On Social Media Sites?
- Should They Note Potential Witnesses Who Might Testify?
- Does The Car Always Get Impounded After A DUI?
- Should A Person Refrain From Answering A Police Officer’s Questions?
- Would It Help To Mention All Medical Conditions The Person Suffers From?
- What Should A Person Do After Pleading Guilty to DUI?
- Should Even The First DUI Be Taken Seriously Enough To Get An Attorney?
DUI Related Questions
- How Accurate Are The Breath Test Machines Used In Utah?
- What Tests Can You Refuse To Take And What Are The Penalties?
- What Happens If You Are Physically Unable To Take A Breath Test?
- Can You Change Your Mind After First Refusing To Take A Breath Test?
Alcohol Restricted Status
- In Utah, a DUI Conviction May Result in an Alcohol-Restricted Status for the License Holder
- Are Violations of the Alcohol-Restricted Status Common?
- Can the Alcohol-Restricted Status Be Imposed on an Underage Driver?
- How Do Your Fourth Amendment Rights Protect You During a Police Stop?
- Common Misconceptions About DUI Cases in the State of Utah
- Common Reasons People Feel That They Were Arrested for DUI
- Attorney Koehler’s Advice: What to do If You Have Been Charged With a DUI
Hiring An Attorney
- Self-Representation, Public Defenders and Private Attorneys: What Is the Best Option for Your DUI Defense?
- Should You Retain An Attorney for the Administrative Hearing?
- Attorney Koehler Offers Both Complimentary Initial Consultations as Well as Commencing Your DLD Hearing
- How Does Your Attorney Work to Suppress the Prosecutor’s Evidence?
- Is It Possible for Your Attorney to Build a Defense against the Officer’s Probable Cause?
- What Should You Look for When Considering Retaining an Attorney?